Selection of topic is an important factor for preparing a research paper. It has got an important role in deciding whether, the paper has to be considered for publication. Most of the journals across the globe prefers to publish articles or research papers, which got contemporary relevance. Only then, they can increase their circulation or readership.
Hence, one should keep in mind that, if I write an article it shall be read by maximum people. In this regard, one shall always chose a topic from any of the contemporary legal issue. For example, in India telecom companies placed their representation before, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) that, after the introduction of VoIP services such as Skype, Whatsapp, Viber etc., the net revenue of telecom operators are decreasing. Since, both VoIP and telecom operators are providing similar services, it is necessary to regulate even the VoIP services.
Therefore, the telecom operators asked permission to charge separately for the use of above-mentioned VoIP services. Further, there was a new concept of net neutrality arose recently, where few service providers decided to provide access only to certain websites to those who are availing their service. In the light of these issues, you may consider the topic of Net Neutrality and may come up with an article like “How death of net neutrality will kill net activism”.
Similarly, you may consider other issues like execution of death sentence to Mr. Yakub Memon. In the light of said case you may choose the topic death sentence in today’s word, and may come up with a criticism on the practices of execution of death sentence. For example;
- Is it time to abolish death sentence?
- Why death penalty should be abolished?
- Why death penalty should not be abolished?
Hope we were able to deliver the concept effectively so that, you got an idea on how to chose a topic for article writing and its publication. Read more on How to publish an article?
The Lex-Warrier: Online Law Journal (ISSN: 2319-8338) invites articles on any of the following themes for its January 2014 Issue;
- Law of the Sea
- Human Trafficking
- Law of War/War Crimes
Word limit should be between 4,000-5,000 words containing a comprehensive study of the theme and is expected to engage with the theme comprehensively, examine literature comprehensively, and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme.
- All submissions shall be in MS Word 2003 OR 2007 format only. The body of the contribution should be in Times New Roman, size 12 and in 1.5 spacing. The footnotes/end notes and references should be in Times New Roman, size 10 and in single spacing.
Do’s & Don’ts
- You must not cut copy and paste articles from anywhere (including your own articles published elsewhere on the internet.)
- Submissions shall be made exclusively to The Lex-Warrier: Online Law Journal.
- Be clear on what you are serving to the readers. Conceptual clarity is expected from the author.
- Submissions shall accompany with an abstract of the article and a covering letter mentioning the author details and qualifications. Further, it shall accompany an undertaking as to the originality of the work as well as the same is not published anywhere before.
- Original articles are expected to be original but in case you are taking inspiration or picking up content from an already published article then give proper credit to the source.
- We reserve the right to edit your articles so that it attains its full potential and also adheres to the decorum of The Lex-Warrier
All your submissions shall be sent to email@example.com with subject line as “Article – 2013”
Last Date of Submission: November 30, 2013
For more information, please visit http://lex-warrier.in/submission-guidelines/
Peer Review Process available at http://lex-warrier.in/peer-review-process/
About Lex-Warrier http://lex-warrier.in/online-law-journal/
Any other queries regarding submissions, feel free to comment below this notification. Queries will be attended within a period of 3 Hours