Reading newspapers are must for law students as well as for legal professionals. It will help to improve their general knowledge and current affairs, which are essential for a person who chose law as a career. Here we suggest some must read newspapers for law students.
- The Hindu: The Hindu is the second most circulated English national daily in India. The Hindu has its largest readership base in southern India, and is the most widely read English daily newspaper in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It is the most popular newspaper and the prime source of analytical views on socio-politico-economical, legal and administrative acts of Indian and other world institutions for Indian Administrative Service aspirants. The Hindu has its headquarters at Chennai. The Hindu can be accessed online at: thehindu.com
- The Telegraph: The Telegraph is the fourth most-widely read English newspaper in India. The Telegraph is mainly noted for its extensive coverage of Indian foreign policy and it has focused reporting on India’s North East. The Telegraph has its headquarters at Calcutta. The Telegraph can be accessed online at: telegraphindia.com
- Indian Express: The Indian Express is an English-language Indian daily newspaper. Indian Express Group publishes it in Mumbai. In 1999, the group was split between the family members. The southern editions taking the name The New Indian Express, while the northern editions, based in Mumbai, retaining the original Indian Express name, with “The” prefixed to the title. Today, the newspapers and companies are separate entities. The New Indian Express is known for its intrepid and anti-establishment tone. The New Indian Express can be accessed online at: newindianexpress.comand Indian Express can be accessed online at:www.indianexpress.com
- Times of India: Times of India is the largest selling English newspaper in India. It is also the most widely read English newspaper in India. Times of India is owned and published by Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Times of India can be accessed online at: timesofindia.indiatimes.com
- Mathrubhumi: Mathrubhumi is a Malayalam daily, publishing from Kerala. Mathrubhumi is the second most widely read newspaper in Kerala. Mathrubhumi can be accessed online at: mathrubhumi.com
- Malayala Manorama: Malayala Manorama is a Malayalam daily newspaper publishing from Kerala. Malayala Manorama is the third most circulated newspaper in India. Malayala Manorama can be accessed online at: manoramaonline.com