Faculty of Law – The Chinese University of Hong Kong seeks to assist high quality students from across the world to join one of the Faculty’s Master of Laws programmes through the award of various global scholarships.
The Faculty will award three scholarships in the academic year 2014-15, each worth HK$185,840, covering the basic tuition fee of HK$105,840 and a living stipend of HK$80,000.
All applicants are eligible for consideration for the Scholarship provided that they:
- have applied for admission to one of the CUHK Master of Laws programmes;
- have achieved a result of Band 7.5 or better in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or ii) a result of 600 (Paper Based Test), or 260 (Computer Based Test), or 100 (Internet Based Test) or better in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or iii) have obtained a bachelor’s degree taught and assessed in English; and
- are not local students (defined as those with the right of abode in Hong Kong).
The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit, assessed on the basis of the applicant’s application materials for admission. No separate application is necessary or permitted.
The Faculty will inform successful applicants following the issuance of their admission to one of the Faculty’s Master of Laws programmes. Selected applicants of the scholarships must fulfil the following conditions:
- commence their studies in the Master of Laws programme;
- take the normal study load in each term (12 units of courses and 6 units of courses for full-time and part-time students respectively)
- remain in good standing during their studies of the Master of Laws programme; and
- receive no other scholarships or award during their studies of the Master of Laws programme.
The Faculty reserves the right to award fewer than three scholarships in the event that an insufficient number of applicants meet the award criteria.
The Faculty’s decisions regarding the award of scholarships will be final, no appeal is available, and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into with any person regarding the award of scholarships.