Location: This role can either be based in Bangalore (preferred) or Delhi.
To provide legal support to the team based in India in relation to Apple business projects and activities in India.
- Fully qualified lawyer with relevant Indian experience.
- Approximately 10 years experience within the legal department of a tech/ telcos multi-national company. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Behaviours: Initiative, flexibility, ability to adapt to different types of business functions and cultures.
- Good understanding of compliance and business conduct imperative.
- Ability to understand the business needs as well as communicate and summarise detailed legal analysis.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Reliability and ability to find a prompt and practical solution to the business issue/problem in question.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and in groups.
Reporting to a Senior Legal Counsel based in the UK, this person will interact with the business teams, managing their legal concerns and requirements.
The job holder will, amongst other things, be required to research Indian legal requirements, review/draft legal contracts and provide compliance advice in particular in the following legal areas: Commercial contracts; Distribution; Consumer; IT/IP; General Commercial; FCPA and anti bribery regulations; Competition; Data Protection; Regulatory (Product Compliance, Metrology Regulations, Environmental laws, Telecom…). The position will also require monitoring legal and regulatory developments in the region as well as interacting with local authorities, in conjunction with the government affairs team.
Internal: Close relationship with the members of the European and US legal departments and the relevant business teams.
External: Outside legal advisors and public authorities.
Key Performance Indicators: Degree of contribution to the work of the Legal department.
Fast turnaround of work.
Ability to communicate in clear and simple language both in written and in oral form.
Degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness.
Satisfaction of business clients.
Occasional to frequent travel (within and outside of India) will be required.
This role profiles gives guidance to the main tasks and responsibilities of the role. It is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
Fully qualified lawyer with relevant Indian experience
About the Company
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.