Mark the answers as
(a) if only assumption I is implicit
(b) if only assumption II is implicit
(c ) if either I or II is implicit
(d) if neither I nor II is implicit
(e ) If both I and II are implicit
1. Statement: Computer education should start at school itself.
I: Learning computers is easy
II: Computer education fetches jobs easily
2. Railway officials have started ten new trains and the increased the frequency of fourteen running trains
I: the existing trains are not sufficient to provide accommodation to all passengers
II: The new and additional trains would have sufficient passengers so that they will be economically viable
3. Even with the increase in the number of sugar factories in India, we will continue to import sugar.
I:The consumption of sugar per capita has increased in India.
II: Many of the factories are not in a position to produce sugar to their fullest capacity
4. Children are influenced more by their teachers nowadays.
I: The children consider teachers as their role models.
II: A large amount of a child’s time is spent in school.
5. The organization should promote employees on the basis of merit alone and not on the basis of length of services or seniority
I: Length of services or seniority does not alone reflect the merit of the employee
II: It is possible to determine and measure the merit of an employee-e
6. Many historians have done more harm than good by distorting truth.
I: People believe what is reported by historians.
II: Historians are seldom expected to depict the truth
7. Greater public participation results in good civic governance – Statement of Municipal Commissioner of City A
I: The municipal offices is not competent to effect good civic governance
II: Good civic governance is a matter of collective will and effort of the people and administration.
8. The end of a financial year is the ideal time to take a look at the performance of various companies
I: All the companies take such a review at the end of a financial year
II: the performance data of various companies is available.
9. Success is how much a person bounces up after hitting the bottom
I: Success requires conscious efforts without being discouraged by failure
II: Failure cannot be considered an acceptable thing
10. The government has set up a fact finding mission to look into the possible reasons for the recent violence in the area.
I: The mission may not be able to come up with credible information about the incidents.
II: the people in the area may cooperate with the mission and come forward to give detailed information related to the incidents.
11. As there is great demand, every person seeking tickets of the programme will be given only five tickets.
I: The organizers are not keen on selling the tickets.
II: No one is interested in getting more than five tickets
12. Though the state cultivates only 3.5 lakh tonnes of grapes, they are of premium quality. And with the grapes becoming the second most consumed fruit in the world after mangoes, the government has been trying exporting it through sea route which is cheaper.
I: Quality of grapes is an important factor in export.
II: The state also exports good quality of mangoes.
13. More than a decade of erosion in budgetary support from the Union government has seriously affected Indian railway’s capacity to finance its planned expenditures.
I: It is likely that the government has shifted its focus from railways to the other areas.
II: Union government has not been able to enhance its resources base for budgetary support to various areas.
14. People are very happy that the relations between Israel and Egypt are improving.
I: The relations between Israel and Egypt have been strained.
II: The improvement of relations between the two countries affects the people the most.
15. The secretary of coir board resigned from the post six months before his term was to end. The new will be appointed by the CMD shortly.
I: The secretary of Coir Board is appointed for a fixed term.
II: The secretary can be appointed by the CMD
16. Please consult me before taking any decisions on export from the company.
I: You may take a wrong decision if you don’t consult me.
II: It is important to take a right decision.
17. Sometimes a person acting out of conviction, pursuing a dream represents the spirit of an entire generation.
I. One gets conviction out of one’s action.
II. Expectations of different generations are not the same.
18. It doesn’t matter where or how a car is built. It’s only the utility and price that is important:. – A multinational automobile company.
I. Even if the price is high, people will purchase the foreign-built car.
II. People prefer indigenous cars to foreign-media ones.
19. Many people have expressed surprise as the princess has broken the royal tradition of marriage by choosing a commoner as her life partner.
I. People expect royal families to observe customs and traditions.
II. People still value purity of royal blood and status when it comes to a marriage of members of royal family.
20. Nobody can predict how long our country would take to contain the unfortunate and disastrous terrorist activities
I: It is impossible to put an end to terrorist activities
II: Efforts to control the terrorist activities are on.
21. The concession in rail fares for the journey to hill stations has been cancelled because it is not needed for people who can spend their holidays there.
I. Railways should give concession only to needy persons.
II. Railways should not encourage people to spend their holidays at hill stations
22. The Government has decided to levy 2 percent on the tax amount payable for funding drought relief programmes.
I. The Government does not have sufficient money to fund drought relief programmes.
II. The amount collected by way of surcharge may be adequate to fund these drought relief programmes.
23. Apart from the entertainment value of television, its educational value cannot be ignored.
I. People take television to be a means of entertainment only.
II. The educational value of television is not realized properly.
24. : His recent investment in the shares of Company A is only a gamble.
I. He may incur loss on his investment.
II. He may gain from his investment.
25. The district administration has issued a circular to all the farmers under its jurisdiction advising them for not using pesticides indiscriminately as it may pollute the ground water.
I. People may stop using ground water if the farmers continue to use pesticides indiscriminately.
II. Farmers may refrain from using pesticides indiscriminately.